Reinforcing the AI4EU Platform by
Advancing Earth Observation Intelligence, Innovation and Adoption
OPEN CALLS PLATFORM
(version 2.0. 23.3.2022)
When visiting the AI4Copernicus Platform you may share your personal data with NATIONAL CENTER FOR SCIENTIFIC RESEARCH “DEMOKRITOS” (“NCSR-D”), established in Patriarchou Grigoriou Ε’ & 27 Neapoleos Street, 15341, Agia Paraskevi, Greece, VAT number: EL090085651, PIC 999978239, acting as the data controller on behalf of the AI4Copernicus Consortium.
What Personal data do we collect from you?
- Log data when you use the Open Calls Platform: IP-address of the requesting computer, data and time of access, transferred data volume, name and URL of the retrieved data, browser and operating system used, name of the internet access provider, the webpage from which access is made, and the way you used this Platform.
- The data you voluntarily provide when contacting us: your address email, your first name and surname.
- The data necessary for your participation in the Open Calls: your address email, your name, first name, and telephone number.
What is your data used for?
Your data are used for the following purposes:
- Security purpose
- To guarantee the security of the Platform
- To implement technical support and maintenance to solve IT problems
- To easily and quickly diagnose and deal with the Platform crashes
- To enable and control the data transmission
- To verify the data flow to avoid the saturation of the network
- Support purpose
- To allow us to answer your requests and mails through the email@example.com email address.
- To allow you to participate in the open calls
- To manage the participation process
- Proposal evaluation purpose
- To assess and evaluate your proposal
- To conduct statistical analyses regarding the Open Calls Submission
Providing the personal data is optional. If you choose to not provide us with your personal data, NCSR-D won’t be able to answer your requests.
What is the legal basis for the processing of your personal data?
To process your personal data as described above, NCSR-D relies on:
- its legitimate interest which consists :
- In ensuring the proper functioning and the security of the AI4Copernicus Open Calls Platform, in maintaining its performance and improving it.
- In ensuring communication and an appropriate exchange of information between you and NCSR-D.
How long do we keep your data?
For the above mentioned purposes, your personal data will be kept for no longer than the duration of the project AI4Copernicus (formal completion). The log data we collect to ensure the security of our Platform as well as to understand your navigation on our Platform are not kept longer than one (1) year after their collection.
Who are the recipients of your personal data?
In the context of such processing, the recipients of all or part of your personal data will be the personnel of NCSR-D on a need to know basis in charge of administration, supervision and information systems management, as well as some personnel in charge of the communication, newsletters and of the hosting and maintenance of the Platform, as well as some AI4Copernicus personnel involved in the evaluation of the proposals and/or the review of the projects. All such recipients being located within the European Economic Area (EEA).
What are your rights related to your personal data?
Please note that you have the right to access your personal data and to request that your personal data be rectified or deleted. You are also entitled to object to the processing of your personal data or to request restriction thereof.
In case of any request or complaint, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also contact our Data Protection Officer by sending an email to the following address: email@example.com.
In any case, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the competent data protection authority.